This work is being updated as part of the Implementation Plan in order to assess the market driven potential for development based on bus rapid transit.
The proposed transit station would be located at the former Knox Lumberyard, near the intersection of U.S. Highway 61 and I-494. Revised concept plans for station area include mixed-use development with commercial and office space as well as residential development near existing residential neighborhoods. Future development would provide a stronger connection from the station area to the Mississippi riverfront. A 450-stall parking facility to accommodate commuters is also a part of the long-term plan. Maxwell Avenue would become the new “face” of Newport with new development, green space, a public plaza, and streetscape improvements.
- View of Newport Transit Plaza
- Newport 2020 Concept Plan
- Newport 2040 Concept Plan
- Birds-Eye View of Newport Station Looking West
- View of New Street “A” Looking East
- Perspective Views of Newport Station
- Aerial View of Newport Station Trails and Greenspace
- Newport Station Cost Analysis
Leave a comment for the Red Rock Corridor regarding the station planning for the Newport Transit Station.